Total Time:45 minPrep:30 minCook:15 min
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 pounds mixed heirloom tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound pasta, such as campanelle, penne or fusilli
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add sugar, if desired (depending on the sweetness of your tomatoes). Add the tomatoes and gently toss.
- Marinate at room temperature, about 15 minutes.Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Drain in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add the pasta and mozzarella to the tomato mixture and toss. Stir in the basil and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, tossing occasionally, until serving.
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)