Pansit Palabok Ingredients:
- ½ kilo bihon, soaked in water until softened then drained
- 1 Tablespoon oil
Pansit Palabok sauce:
- ¼ cup atsuete seeds – soaked in ¼ cup water (alternative: You can also use atsuete powder that you can buy from supermarkets)
- 1 sachet of Palabok Mix Powder (any brand)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cup water
- salt or patis and black pepper
- 1 cup cooked pork, cut into strips
- 4 pieces (match size) fried tokwa, cubed
- ½ cup flaked tinapa
- ½ cup pounded chicharon
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled then sliced
- ½ cup boiled and shelled shrimps
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions
- ½ bulb finely chopped garlic (fried to a golden brown)
First we will Prepare the Palabok Sauce:
- Strain atsuete then combine atsuete water with Palabok Mix Powder in a saucepan.
- *If you are using atsuete powder, in a ¼ cup water, add slowly the powder and continuously stirring and combine with the Palabok Mix Powder in a saucepan.
- Disperse flour in water slowly while continuously stirring then add to the pan and in low fire.
- Bring to a boil and cook with constant stirring until thick.
- Season with salt or patis and black pepper to taste
Cook the Noodles:
- Boil water in a pot, add the oil and a little salt.
- Take the noodles and dip in the boiling water and cook until tender but firm.
- Drain well. Transfer to a platter.
Now is the Presentation:
- Top noodles with sauce.
- Over the sauce, arrange the pork and tokwa pieces.
- Sprinkle with tinapa and chicharon.
- Garnish with sliced egg, shrimps, spring onions and garlic.
- Serve with kalamansi.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)