- 1 package (16 ounces) Bihon rice noodles
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced thinly into 1-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 medium cabbage, sliced
- 2-3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cups pea pods, sliced diagonal
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (can be substituted with 1/4 cup soy sauce)
- 1 chicken breast, sliced small and seasoned with lemon pepper
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails off (optional)
- 3 links of Chinese sausage, thinly sliced (this is optional but I strongly recommend adding it)
- lemon wedges or lemon pepper (these are definitely not optional)
- In a large pot or wok, brown garlic and Chinese sausage in oil. Add the onion and chicken. When the chicken juices start to run, add the shrimp and cook until almost done. Add oyster sauce and black pepper and stir to coat. Stir in pea pods, carrots, and celery, and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cabbage and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cabbage is slightly wilted. Season with a generous squeeze of lemon.
- Meanwhile, soak the rice noodles in water for about 5 minutes, or until soft. In a large pot, boil chicken broth, water and soy sauce. Add the rice noodles and lower the heat. Stir to keep the noodles from sticking. When soft, spoon the noodles into the veggie mixture, reserving any extra broth. Toss the noodles, veggies and meats together, adding more broth as needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Source: Happy Jack Eats
Via: Pancit Bihon
(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)