- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup presliced red onion
- 1 navel orange, sectioned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Combine cabbage and next 4 ingredients (through orange) in a large bowl. Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1 tablespoon dressing. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad mixture evenly between 2 plates. Cut each tuna steak across the grain into 1/4-inch slices; arrange over salad mixture. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons reserved dressing over each serving.
- For dessert: Spoon 1/2 cup coconut sorbet into each of 2 dessert bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons diced peeled mango and 1 tablespoon toasted flaked sweetened coconut.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)