Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1 big bangus, cleaned, scaled and cut into 5 to 6 slices
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
- 2 finger chilies (I used Jalapeño pepper)
- 2 ampalaya (bitter gourd), sliced
- 3 pcs small, round eggplant, quartered
- 1 cup vinegar (I used ½ cup cane vinegar and ½ cup spicy white vinegar)
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- Wash and clean your bangus. Remove the gills and the scales. Rub them with salt. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, put half of the garlic, onion and ginger and some peppercorns.
- Arrange sliced bangus on top. Add the remaining garlic, onion and ginger. Add water, vinegar and fish sauce.
- Sprinkle peppercorns on top. Cover and let it simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- Add the bitter gourd, eggplant and Jalapeño pepper. Continue simmering for another five minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from heat. Serve with hot rice!
(Visited 1,282 times, 1 visits today)