- 1 medium milkfish, sliced and cleaned
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 piece 3-inch long ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorn
- 3 long green chili pepper
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
Vegetables for Paksiw:
- 1 piece eggplant, sliced
- 1 piece ampalaya, sliced
- 5 pieces okra, sliced
- In a shallow pot with cover, arrange the bangus pieces all over the surface.
- Make sure the ginger slices, peppercorn pieces, and rock salt are well distributed.
- Put the chili pepper on top. Slice the chili pepper if hotter taste is desired.
- Pour the vinegar, water, and oil. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover the pot and boil over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add all vegetables on top. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
All vegetables added in this recipe are optional.
(Visited 1,443 times, 1 visits today)