- 3 lbs country-style ribs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil
For the Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Coat the ribs in oil and then season them well with salt and pepper and add them to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the BBQ sauce ingredients in a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer until dark, thick, and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, turn the ribs over and baste them with BBQ sauce.
- After that, in 30-minute intervals, turn the ribs each time you baste with sauce. After about 3 hours, the meat will begin to fall apart – you’ll notice this when you turn the ribs during basting.
- Once the ribs are tender, baste them one more time and then move them under to the broiler.
- Let the ribs cook a minute or two to caramelize the sauce. They can char fast so be sure to man the oven during the broil process.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)