How do you cook an egg in different styles?
“How Do You Want Your Eggs?” Eleven Ways To Cook An Egg
- Hard Boiled. A hard boiled egg is cooked in its shell in boiling water. …
- Soft Boiled. Soft boiled eggs follow the same process as hard boiled eggs, but you cut the cooking time roughly in half. …
- Hard Scrambled. The almighty scrambled eggs. …
- Soft Scrambled. …
- Sunny Side Up. …
- Over Easy. …
- Over Medium. …
- Over Hard.
How do you make fried eggs more interesting?
You heat a tablespoon of oil (per egg) in a hot skillet, add a pinch of smoked paprika (per egg), and swirl around until fragrant. Crack the egg in there and fry to your liking, spooning some of the auburn oil over and around.
What are the 59 ways to cook an egg?
More videos on YouTube
- 0:47 raw egg.
- 1:10 prairie oyster.
- 1:34 amber moon.
- 2:00 sunny side up egg.
- 2:25 olive oil fried egg.
- 2:51 olive oil fried (basted) egg.
- 3:18 olive oil friend (steamed) egg.
- 3:43 over easy/medium/hard egg.
What are the 100 different ways to cook an egg?
So the story goes that the 100 folds in a chef’s hat represent the 100 ways to cook an egg, but is this true? Well, let’s see… there’s scrambled, over easy, over medium, over hard, poached, shirred, soft boiled, hard boiled, pickled, baked, sunny side up; in an omelette, quiche, or frittata; etc, etc, etc.
What are the 6 ways to cook an egg?
6 Ways to Cook Eggs
- SOFT BOILED. Cookware: Pot. Preperation: Cover eggs with cold water, bring to boil, cover, shut off heat and let sit for 2-8 minutes. …
- HARD BOILED. Cookware: Pot. …
- POACHED. Cookware: Sauté Pan. …
- SUNNY SIDE UP. Cookware: Skillet. …
- OVER EASY. Cookware: Skillet. …
- Scrambled. Cookware: Nonstick Skillet.
What is the healthiest way to cook an egg?
The bottom line
Overall, shorter and lower-heat cooking methods cause less cholesterol oxidation and help retain most of the egg’s nutrients. For this reason, poached and boiled (either hard or soft) eggs may be the healthiest to eat. These cooking methods also don’t add any unnecessary calories.
What can you add to eggs for flavor?
Basil, parsley, oregano, and more can be used to enhance the flavors of your eggs. Dice and toss in as you are cooking up your eggs. Or mix in with baked eggs or even egg whites to add extra flavoring! Crushed black pepper paired with fresh herbs is always a winner combo for me.
What seasoning is good on fried eggs?
Season as desired. These fried eggs are basically perfect right out of the skillet, but I love to sprinkle them with a little flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve them with a knife and a fork to cut through their crispy undersides!
What can I top a fried egg with?
Top Five: Ways to Eat a Fried Egg
- Over Green Salad: Not only does this make a striking presentation, but once you cut into it, the yolk becomes an instant salad dressing. …
- Over Noodles or Other Grains: This is comfort food at its best. …
- On Pizza: All you have to do is crack a few eggs onto the top of the pizza just before it goes in the oven.
Can dogs eat egg?
Eggs are good for dogs to eat. Of course, they are rich in protein, but aside from that eggs are also a good source of linoleic acid and fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamin A. … Explore dog food products with eggs.
How many different ways can you cook an egg?
The 8 Different Ways to Cook Eggs. Here’s a closer look at eight different ways to cook eggs: Hard Boiled: These eggs cook for 10-12 minutes. After removing their shell, you’re left with a soft white outside and solid yolk inside.
What came first the chicken or the egg?
So in a nutshell (or an eggshell, if you like), two birds that weren’t really chickens created a chicken egg, and hence, we have an answer: The egg came first, and then it hatched a chicken.
Why is there 100 folds in a chefs hat?
The chef’s hat has 100 folds because this is the number of ways that an egg can be prepared. … Back in 146 BCE, chefs were forced to hide from the invaders of the Byzantine. In order to remain safe, they had to blend in with the monks at the monasteries. The towering hats were the best way for them to do so.
Why do chefs hats have 100 pleats?
Pleated chef’s hats have a two-fold purpose. … In the early days of the toque blanche, pleats would often represent how many recipes a chef had mastered. So, a chef with 100 pleats may know 100 different ways to boil an egg or prepare a chicken.
Why is a chefs hat so tall?
Simply said, the height of the hat signifies the rank in the kitchen – just like papal hats represent class and standing. This is why the chef, since it’s the highest ranking in any kitchen, wears the tallest one.