- 500g pack lean pork mince
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 225g can water chestnut, drained, half finely chopped, half sliced
- 500ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- thumb-sized piece ginger, shredded
- 2 large carrot, shaved into strips with a potato peeler
- 8 Chinese leaves, thick part sliced, leaves shredded
- 300g pack beansprout
- bunch spring onions, cut into lengths, plus a few tops chopped to serve
- Tip the mince into a bowl with the soy, cornflour, five-spice, chopped water chestnuts and some black pepper. Work everything together, then shape into 12 meatballs.
- Pour the stock into a wide, deep pan and stir in the hoisin and ginger. Add the meatballs, then cover and poach for 5 mins. Drop in the carrots, Chinese leaves, beansprouts, spring onions and sliced chestnuts, then put on the lid and simmer for 5 mins. Ladle into bowls, then serve scattered with spring onion tops.
Source: BBC Good Food
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)