- 4 cups oreo graham crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 L vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 L Cool Whip, divided
- 300 g package of Oreo Cookie, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup hot fudge sauce
- In a large bowl combine the oreo graham crumbs and the melted butter. Mix thoroughly, and then press into mini spring form pans. Tamp the crumb mixture down, the bottom of a glass works, so does the blunt end of a honey dripped. Whack it down till it packs tight. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine the ice cream and about ¾ of the tub of cool whip. Whisk until combined.
- Place about ¾ of the cookies in a ziploc bag, take a rolling pin and whack the crud out of the bag until you break the cookies into small pieces. Now toss those pieces into the mixer. And good luck with this step, if you’re like me you’ve inhaled about half the bag of oreos by now.
- Mix the oreo pieces and ice cream mixture till fluffy, add the almond extract and give it another whir till it’s mixed in.
- Now before you pour this, right into your mouth if you’re anything like me, let’s go grab that hot fudge sauce. Don’t even try to pretend you don’t hide a jar in your fridge. We all do it. Just own it so we can move on.
- I want you to heat the sauce, but only slightly. It should be barely warm, just loose enough to spoon out. Take this mixture, while trying to resist drinking it straight from the measuring cup, and spoon it over the oreo crumb base. Do not try to smooth it, that will create the crumbs to lift back up. Just pour the hot fudge sauce over randomly. It you want it more even, just swirl the dish around a bit.
- Now pour the oreo ice cream mixture over top. Smooth the tops.
- Place in the freezer for about 4 hours, or even overnight.
- Remove from freezer and top with remaining whipped cream. Then top each one with a cookie.
- Serve with a big old “I’m so glad we had two bags of oreos in the house” kind of smile!
Source: Cravings Of a Lunatic
Via: Oreo Ice Cream Cake
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)