- ¾ lb / 340 gr flank steak, cut across the grain into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium celery ribs, stringed and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 3 chili peppers, chopped (adjust according to taste)
- Peel of 1 orange, white pith removed and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder*
*arrowroot powder acts like cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons ketchup (make your own paleo ketchup with this recipe)
- 1 ½ teaspoons raw organic honey (or raw coconut palm sugar such as Madhava)
- Juice of 1 orange
- In a small bowl combine all marinade ingredients. Add marinade and beef strips to a Ziploc bag (or a shallow dish), shake well and refrigerate.
- In the meantime, in a bowl combine all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a wok (or a large skillet) over medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, when it sizzles add beef and stir-fry until it changes color and it’s nearly cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the celery strips, stir-fry for 1 minute and transfer to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add chili peppers and orange peel and saute’ briefly until the chiles darken, then add garlic and ginger and saute’ for 1 further minute until everything is fragrant.
- Finally stir in scallions and celery strips.
- Push the vegetables up the side of the wok, add sauce in the middle and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef and stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve hot!
Source: The Iron You
Via: Orange Beef Recipe
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)