- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Stir together all burger ingredients. Shape into four thick patties.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook burgers approximately 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan over same heat, add oil and flour. Whisk together, and cook, stirring constantly about 2-3 minutes until light brown. Slowly whisk in broth, scraping up browned bits from the pan as you go. Whisk constantly and add broth a little at a time until smooth.
- Stir milk and salt and pepper into the gravy, and bring to a simmer. Pour gravy through a mesh strainer into a serving dish to remove the large pieces of onion and pan scrapings. Serve burgers smothered in gravy.
Source:The Weary Chef
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)