- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 1½ lbs)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tsp. house-blend seasoning (or your desired seasonings)
- 1 tbsp. oil (preferably with a high smoke point)
- 3 tbsp, butter
- 500 g frozen veggies
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and house blend seasoning.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil (I used avocado oil) and when shimmering, add the chicken. Cook for a couple of minutes per side, or until the skin is nice and golden. Remove from heat and add in the butter. Swirl around pan. Place back over low heat, covered, and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Make sure to toss the chicken every 5 minutes so it does not burn.
- In the last 5 minute, raise heat to medium or medium-high heat and stir in the frozen veggies. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice if desired!
Source: Cookie Writer
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)