- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil , Divided
- 3 Carrots Cut Into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled And Cut Into 1/2 To 1 Inch Pieces
- 3 Celery Sticks Cut Into 1/2 To 1 Inch Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Pancetta Or Bacon, Finely Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
- 4 To 6 Cups Vegetable Or Chicken Broth
- 6 Cabbage Leaves, Chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, Peeled And Cut Into 1/2 To 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Or Squash, Cut Into 1/2 To 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 (28 Ounce) Can Borlotti Beans
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Sea Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 6 Slices Of Grilled Country Bread Rubbed With Garlic (Optional)
- Drizzle of Additional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the three tablespoons of olive oil, and then sauté the onion, celery, pancetta, and carrots until the vegetables have softened and the pancetta is lightly browned, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or two until fragrant.
- Add 4 cups of broth, the chopped cabbage, potatoes, pumpkin, and parsley, and cook over low heat for about 35 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1/3 of the beans and puree them with three tablespoons of the olive oil and stir this into the soup.
- Add the remaining whole beans and continue to cook over low heat for an additional 15 minutes, adding additional broth if the soup seems too thick.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each bread slice and then place it on the bottom of each bowl.
- Spoon the soup on top of the bread, and the drizzle each bowl with additional olive oil.
- Serve warm.
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)