- 2 cups (200 grams) wafer cookies
- 1 cup (150 grams) peanut, roasted unsalted
- ½ cup (150 grams) Nutella hazelnut chocolate spread
- ¼ cup (50 grams) sugar
- t tbsp (15 grams) butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (50 ml) sour cream
- 5 oz (150 grams) chocolate (dark or milk)
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or using a knife, chop the peanuts roughly.
- Remove from food processor, add the wafer cookies and pulse it until they are coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl combine the crushed wafer cookies, Nutella spread and peanuts until and stir to combine. Refrigerate mixture for 15-30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Roll 1 ½ teaspoon of the mixture into a round shaped ball.
- Place balls on prepared baking sheet then chill in the freezer until firm.
- Add the sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place the saucepan over a medium heat, and leave it. When it starts to melt all round the edges, give the pan a good shake and leave it until sugar has almost melted.
- Stir vigorously until the sugar crystals have melted and until the caramel has turned golden brown.
- Add the butter, whisk until has melted and remove from heat.
- Slowly add the sour cream and whisk until the caramel is smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip each truffle into caramel, coat completely and place back on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the caramel coating has hardened.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)