- 800g pork belly with skin, thickly sliced
- 400g salted preserved mustard cabbages
- 80g garlic cloves, skinned & flatten
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp “Shao Xing” cooking wine
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- sugar to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash and sliced the meat. Drain the excessive water and marinate it with oyster sauce, cooking wine & dark soy sauce for at least 30 mins.
- Rinse to clean the preserved mustard cabbage from salt. Cut the preserved mustard cabbage finely and soak into clean water for 20-30 mins (this depend on the saltiness of the mustard) Remove, squeeze it’s moisture and set a side.
- Stir-fry preserved mustard cabbage in hot wok without oil for approx. 5 mins until aromatic and dry.
- Heat oil in wok, fry the garlic till it’s fragrant and golden brown. Add in just the meat (set aside the marinate meat sauce) and stir-fry briskly until it’s aromatic. Stir in the preserved mustard cabbage and continue to stir-fry it till it’s a bit dry and fragrant. Pour in the sauce from marinated meat, add sugar to taste and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Place the half cooked meat into a small pot. Add water, enough to cover 80%-90% of the meat(too much water will make it tasteless) Bring the meat to boil. Cover and simmer at low heat for 1 hour. Stir constantly to make sure all the meat are evenly cooked.
- Serve warm with rice.
Source: Cooking Crave
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)