- 2 kilos combination of beef bones (marrow, kneecaps, or brisket bone-in) and stewing beef or shanks
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1-inch ginger, sliced (optional)
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 250 grams Baguio beans, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- 1-2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- In a large pot bring to a boil a large measure of water then add the onion, ginger, beef and bouillon cube (If beef bones are not used).
- As it comes to a boil, skim off the scum. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the meat is tender, about three hours. (If using bulalo, remove it when cooked so that the marrow doesn’t spill out of the bone.)
- Add the potatoes and salt. When the potatoes are done, place the cabbage on top of the soup and cook for five minutes.
- Return the cooked bone marrow to the soup. Add the Baguio beans and cook for two minutes. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning. Prepared hot with plain white rice and fish or soy sauce on the side.Serve.
Source: Gutom Ako
Via: Nilagang Baka Recipe
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)