Nilagang Baboy with Sweet Corn. Cooked sweet corn health benefits increases levels of ferulic acid,which provides anti cancer properties.
- 1 kilo pork spareribs or pork belly, skin on, cut to serving pieces
- 3 pieces sweet corn on cobs, divide into four each piece
- 1 big bunch, bok choy or pechay, trimmed
- 3 medium size potato, skinned, quartered
- 1 large size onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. peppercorns
- 2 slivers of ginger
- 1 small bunch of spring onion, chopped
- salt or patis
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot.
- Once the oil becomes hot, saute the onion.
- Add the whole pepper corn. Continue to cook for 20 seconds.
- Put-in the pork. Cook until the color turns light brown (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Pour-in the pork broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add the sweet corn and potatoes. Stir and cook for 12 minutes.
- Put-in the cabbage( offional) . Add salt or patis to taste. Stir. Cover and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with a spicy fish sauce dipping sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
(Visited 600 times, 1 visits today)