Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Servings: 5 to 7
- 1 kilo native chicken, cut into serving pieces2 pieces green papaya or chayote(sayote), cut into small pieces
- 1 cup malunggay leaves or chili leaves
- 5 stalks lemongrass(tanglad), knotted and crushed
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 litre of water or rice washing
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fermented fish sauce(sabaw ng bagoong isda)
- fish sauce or salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add chicken and fermented fish sauce then continue sauteing until the color chicken turn to light brown.
- Add water and lemongrass then simmer in a low heat for an hour or until chicken is tender. Add more water if necessary.
- Add papaya then continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste then add malunggay leaves and simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat then transfer to a serving dish and serve. Enjoy!
(Visited 1,299 times, 1 visits today)