Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
A spicy steamed mussel dish flavored with sopressata and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- 4 Ounces Sopressata Sausage, Finely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Oil Packed Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Pounds Fresh Mussels Scrubbed
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Heat the oil and butter in a large bottomed saucepan.
- Once hot, add the sopressata, tomatoes, pepper flakes, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover with a lid, and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Shake the pan and cook another 5 minutes or until all the mussels have opened.
- Add the parsley and scoop the mussels and broth into individual bowls.
(Visited 91 times, 1 visits today)