- 1kg fresh mussels
- 1tbs cooking oil
- 20g jalapeno peppers
- Dash of tequila
- Half a red pepper
- Half an onion
- 4 tablespoons water
- Juice of one lime
- 50g coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan that will be big enough to cook the mussels too. Add the finely chopped onion and red pepper and cook on a medium heat for around five minutes.
- Gently stir in the water and tequila. Squeeze in the limejuice and add the jalapenos peppers and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Reheat the mixture until it begins to simmer, then add the mussels, sprinkling with half the coriander. Cover the pan and steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with the juice, and a fresh sprinkling of coriander.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)