Servings: 12 to 14
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 bottle (48 oz., 6 cups) cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 to 6 cinnamon sticks (about 3 in.)
- 2 bottles (750 ml.) fruity dry red wine such as Gamay Beaujolais, or 6 cups apple juice and 2 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- About 3/4 cup orange-flavor liqueur such as Cointreau or triple sec (optional)
- Sort cranberries, discarding bruised and decayed fruit. Rinse berries and put in a 5- to 6-quart pan; add cranberry juice cocktail, raisins, and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and simmer on low heat to blend flavors, about 20 minutes.
- Add wine and 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar, to taste. Heat until steaming, 5 to 8 minutes; do not boil.
- Add almond extract and orange liqueur; keep punch warm over lowest heat and ladle into cups or stemmed glasses.
Note: For a nonalcoholic punch, replace red wine with apple juice and omit liqueur.
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)