- 200 g pancit canton
- 80 g vermicelli ( glass noodle)
- 1 carrot
- 1 chayote
- bunch of snowpeas
- half cabbage
- 10 pieces of small oyster mushroom, shredded
- tofu, fried
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- medium sized onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the vermicelli in a bowl. Soak in warm water until pliable. Drain well. Set aside.
- Wash all the vegetables. Peel the carrots. Cut lengthwise. Then slice. Set aside.
- Peel the chayote. Cut lengthwise. Remove the stone then cut the chayote in wedges. Set aside.
- Remove the stringy part of the snow peas. Set aside.
- Cut the cabbage into shreds. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan. When hot, add the carrots and chayote. Cook until desired tenderness.
- Add the snow peas. Stir-fry until they are cooked but still crunchy. Transfer the veggies into a plate. Set aside.
- Stir-fry the cabbage for 2 minutes. Transfer into a plate. Set aside. If the cabbage renders water while cooking, do Not throw it. You can add it to the broth later.
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon of oil. When hot, saute the garlic and onion. Add the shredded oyster mushrooms. Pour in broth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Let the broth come to a boil. Add the vermicelli and pancit canton. Stir-fry until the noodles absorbed all the broth. Add the cooked vegetables and tofu. Toss to blend.
Source: Pinay Panadera
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)