Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: About 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot set over medium-high.
- Add the onion and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, garlic and oregano and mix well.
- Add the stock, red pepper and grated carrot and bring to a boil. Once it boils, cover, and turn the heat to its lowest setting.
- Cook 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Mix in peas, salt and pepper.
- Let the peas heat through a minute or so before serving.
(Visited 212 times, 1 visits today)