- 2 cups rice basmati
- 2 cups mixed vegetables sliced flat and broad as per vegetables
- potato, onion, zucchini, ridge gourd, bottle gourd, french beans,
- carrots, cauliflower or capsicum as per choice)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp dalchini (cinnamon) – lavang (clove) powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- salt to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic grated or paste
- 1 tsp mixed cummin & mustard seeds
- Boil rice till grains separate.
- Cool in a big plate. Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add cummin/mustard seeds, ginger-garlic paste and cinnamon/clove powder.
- Add all other masalas, and tomato, fry for another minute. Add all
vegetables and curds, cover and cook till vegetable are tender.
- In a transparent casserole spread half the rice. Wet hand and press down lightly.
Now transfer the vegetables onto the rice and spread evenly. Save 1 tbsp for
Add the remaining rice and press down as before. Spread the tbsp. leftover
masala in the centre of the rice.
- Cover with foil.
Bake for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with coriander and french fries
(Visited 233 times, 1 visits today)