Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 kilo of seafood (any one or a combination of crabs, prawns, squid, clams, mussels and any seafood)
- 1 large onion, diced
- spring onions (cut 1 inch long)
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar or monosodium glutamate
- 1/3 cup of oyster sauce
- 2 pieces green finger pepper (sili pag sigang) chopped
- 3 table spoons of cooking oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut crabs into 2 or 4 if very big
- Steam crabs and prawns for 5 minutes
- Clean squid and cut into 1 inch long sections
- On a big wok, sauté garlic until golden brown, then add ginger and onions, sauté for a minute more.
- Add water and bring to a boil
- Add squid, clams, mussels and other uncooked seafood.
- Boil for 5 minutes
- Add crabs and shrimp
- Add the oyster sauce , salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the sugar or magic sarap
- Add the long green chili
- Mix well and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 3 minutes
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy :)
Please take note:
Add the long green chili earlier if you prefer your mixed seafood with oyster sauce hot.
The above recipe can be used for just one type of seafood like crabs only or a combination of many including fish.