- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Japanese eggplants, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread mirin mixture evenly over the eggplant slices, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Broil 8 minutes or until topping is golden. Place eggplant slices on a platter, and sprinkle with onions.
(Visited 52 times, 1 visits today)