- 1 whole Medium Onion
- 1 whole Carrot
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 whole Medium Sized Potato
- 4 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, Leaves Picked And Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 pound, 1-⅔ ounces, weight Good Quality Minced Beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt And Pepper, Each
- 1 whole Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 pound, 1-⅔ ounces, weight Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel then chop the onion, carrot and potato into one centimeter cubes. Also chop celery into one centimeter cubes.
- Place all vegetables and rosemary leaves into a frying pan with olive oil. Over medium heat, fry and stir for about 8 minutes or until vegetables soften and color. Add the garlic in the last minute.
- Put vegetables into large bowl and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the minced beef into the bowl the vegetables. Add salt and pepper and half the beaten egg. Scrunch and mix together.
- Roll out pastry to the size of a small tea towel. Place the mince mix along one long side, in a sausage shape. Brush edges of the pastry with egg and roll pastry to cover the mince completely. Squeeze ends together.
- Put the roll onto a baking tray and brush with remaining egg. Bake for an hour until golden. Slice and serve with gravy.
Source: Tasty Kitchen
(Visited 138 times, 1 visits today)