- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 kg (2 lb) pork shoulder, cut the pork into 1 cm per piece
- 1 cubed large potato
- 2 cubed medium carrots
- 250 ml or 1 cup of water
- 500 ml or 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce for to taste
- 2 tablespoons of calamansi juice
- Heat the cooking oil in wok a large frying pan. Then sauté the chopped onion for at least 1 minute. Next is add also the chopped garlic and sauté again for 1 minute.
- You may now add the pork first and stir it until the pork becomes color brown evenly. Add the other ingredients such as cubed carrots and potatoes. Stir it so that it will mix the taste of the dish.
- After that, add the 1 cup water, simmer it for just 15 – 20 minutes. Then blend in the soy sauce to add taste, next is the tomato sauce, and lastly the calamansi juice. Stir it will to combine the mixture of the ingredients on how to cook menudo.
- For the last procedure on how to cook menudo, wait for the sauce to boil, make sure to lower the heat to avoid overcook of the dish. Let it simmer until the pork is tender and thoroughly cooked. Also check the carrots and potatoes if they are tender. Simmer it for about 15 – 20 minutes.
Source: Info Advise
Via: Menudo Recipe
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)