- 4 5- to 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta
- 4 tablespoons black-olive tapenade or paste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa fresca
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 large lemon
- 4 tablespoons capers packed in liquid (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken-breast half. In a small bowl, combine the Feta and tapenade, then stuff ¼ of the mixture into each pocket. In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on medium to high heat. Season the chicken with the pepper and add it to the skillet, cooking 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish drizzled with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and bake for 18 minutes.
- When the chicken is 5 minutes from being finished, put the remaining olive oil and the salsa in the skillet and heat through.
- Add the spinach and cookuntil slightly wilted.
- Slice the chicken and serve it with asqueeze of lemon juice and the capers, if desired, with the spinach on the side.
(Visited 123 times, 1 visits today)