- 1 cup banana, saba variety, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup saba, sliced thinly
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- cooking oil for frying
- salt to taste
For Rum Butter Sauce:
- ¼ cup Anchor butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose cream
- 2 Tbsp rum
- How to cook Maruyang Saging with Rum Butter Sauce
- In a mixer, lightly beat eggs and sugar until thickened.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and fold into egg and sugar mixture.
- Follow with mashed and thinly sliced saba. Stir to turn mixture into a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry patties of maruya until golden brown and crisp.
- Make sauce by melting butter in saucepan.
- Combine cream and brown sugar and add into melted butter.
- Stir until thick and smooth. Let cool and add rum.
- Pour sauce over warm maruya and serve.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)