- ½-cup cornstarch
- ½-cup white sugar
- 2-cups coconut milk
- coconut cream from 1 grated coconut
- Extract coco cream and coconut milk from the grated coconut.
- Place grated coconut in a muslin bag wrung out of warm water.
- Twist the open end and squeeze out the coco cream without adding water.
- Set aside for cooking Latik.
- Add three portions of warm water and squeeze the bag of grated coconut with every addition of water.
- Cook coco cream in a frying pan over medium heat until oil and latik form.
- The latik should have a delicate, golden yellow color and must not be burnt.
- Transfer latik into a cool dish separate from oil or further heating will turn the latik to darker shade.
- Blend cornstarch and sugar thoroughly in a 1-quart bowl and add ¼-cup of coco milk.
- Boil the rest of the coco milk in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch-sugar mixture, stirring with a wire whisk until it boils.
- Pour while hot into two oiled cereal dishes. Cool completely.
- Cut into pie wedges. Garnish each piece with latik.
- Serve hot or chilled.
(Visited 741 times, 1 visits today)