- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus a little extra to top
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus a little extra to top
- 2 cups uncooked pasta of your choice (I used whole wheat penne)
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Chop up your squash.
- Add squash and milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until squash is soft.
- While squash is cooking, chop up your cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to boiling water with pasta and cook according to pasta directions.
- When squash is cooked, use an immersion blender to combine the squash and milk.
- Add cheeses and salt to the squash mixture and stir until combined.
- Drain your pasta and place in an oven safe baking dish.
- Add sauce to to pasta and stir to combine.
- Top with breadcrumbs and a little more grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Source: After Dinner Dance
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)