Lumpiang Ubod is one of the popular varieties of the Filipino fresh eggrolls, made with heart of the palm called ubod as its main filling.
- 4 cups Ubod or 1 package Bamboo Shoot, washed and cut in 1 inch strips
- 2 pcs. Carrots, cut in 1 inch strips, about 1 cup
- 1 can Chickpeas or Garbanzos, about 1 cup
- 1 pound Shrimps, shelled and cut in small pieces(optional)
- 2 cups shrimp juice (from boiled shrimp shells)(optional) or chicken broth
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil for sauteing
- Lettuce (Romaine or Iceberg)
- Double recipe : Lumpia Wrapper
- One recipe : Lumpia Sauce
- Saute the garlic and onion, then add the shrimps, carrots and chickpeas.
- Add the shrimp juice, bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in the ubod or bamboo shoots, let it boil once for a minute or two, then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle green onions for freshness of taste and for color, then strain the liquid.
- Assemble the Lumpiang Ubod, lay in this order then roll : Lumpia Wrapper, Lettuce, Filling.
- Wrap with wax paper to keep the wrapper soft.
- Serve with Lumpia Sauce.
(Visited 428 times, 1 visits today)