Fresh Lumpia Filling:
- 1/4 kilo pork liempo, boiled and sliced
- 1/2 kilo shrimp, shelled
- 2 squares tokwa (tofu), cubed
- 1/2 cabbage, medium-sized, shredded
- 1 cup string beans, sliced diagonally
- carrot, cut into thin strips
- kinchay, cut lengthwise, half inch
- kamote, medium-sized, cut into thin strips
- lettuce leaves
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic, crushed
- peanuts, finely chopped (for garnishing)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- dash of salt
- oil to grease frying pan
Fresh Lumpia Sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- soy sauce
Fresh Lumpia Seasoning:
- soy sauce to taste
How To Make Lumpiang Sariwa Fillings:
- Saute garlic and onions. Add pork and shrimp.
- When pork and shrimp are slightly cooked, add tofu.
- Add carrots, string beans, kamote, then kinchay and cabbage. Do not overcook.
- Season to taste. Cool before wrapping.
How To Make Lumpiang Sariwa Wrappers:
- Mix egg, water, cornstarch and salt thoroughly until smooth. Take about lA of batter to make each crepe (piece of wrapper). Brush some oil on a non-stick pan. Spread the batter thinly by turning the pan around.
- Cook only one side of the crepe over low heat. (Don’t keep the crepe too long on the pan as it will be toasted. When it turns slightly brown or small bubbles appear on the surface, it’s cooked.) Lift crepe off using a wide spatula, and place on wax paper. Stack cooked crepes with wax paper between them.
How To Make Fresh Lumpia Sauce:
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and soy sauce. Put brown sugar in a saucepan. Caramelize by stirring the sugar continually until totally melted. (Don’t scorch the sugar.)
- Add some water and simmer until the caramel is dissolved. Add cornstarch dissolved in water and soy sauce.
- Stir until mixture becomes smooth and transparent.
How To Make Lumpiang Sariwa or Fresh Lumpia:
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of filling in lumpia wrapper. Roll wrapper and seal. Serve with sauce and finely chopped peanuts.
Source: My Filipino Network
Via: Lumpiang Sariwa