- 1 lb. sirloin steak cut in thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion cut in thick slices
- 2 tomatoes cut in thick slices
- 1 seeded and ribbed aji amarillo chili pepper cut in thin slices (you can substitute with 1 tablespoon of aji amarillo paste, or with any chili pepper you can find)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups French fries
- White rice as a side dish
- Season the sirloin steak with salt and pepper.
- Put a wok or a pan over very high heat. Add the oil and saute the meat, a few slices at a time so they don’t steam but remain golden instead (about 10 minutes, depending on how strong the flame is).
- Add the garlic, onion, tomato, chili pepper, and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the soy sauce and vinegar in the sides of the pan and mix everything. Season with more salt and pepper.
- Take off the heat, add chopped cilantro and serve at once with French fries and white rice.
Via: Lomo Saltado
(Visited 78 times, 1 visits today)