- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lg onion, diced small (I use Vidallia)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 6oz containers greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chives, minced
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, optional
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, and a hefty pinch of salt. Saute until translucent and softened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the onion mixture and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and allow the onion mixture to cool.
- Once the onion mixture is cool, combine with the greek yogurt. Check to see if additional salt is needed.
- Add in most of the minced chives, reserving some for garnish.
- To allow all the flavors to meld, refrigerate for an hour before serving, although, it can be served immediately.
- Add pepper, if using, right before serving.
Source: In Between Bites
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)