Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 Small Fresh Sage Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons Anchovy Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Slices Lightly Toasted Crusty Italian Bread
- Freshly Ground Cracked Black Pepper
- Coarsely Ground Sea Salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 Pound Fresh Buratta, or Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- To Serve:
- Pitted Kalamata Olives
- In a small frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until piping hot, then add the sage, anchovy paste, and lemon zest.
- Cook for a minute, whisking the mixture with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and add the vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut or tear the cheese into four equal pieces.
- Place the toasted bread slices on four individual plates, then arrange the cheese on top.
- Spoon the mixture equally over the cheese and bread.
- Add a few olives to each plate, then serve immediately.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)