Servings: 1 dozen (serving size: 1 muffin)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled muffins.
Note: You can make these muffins up to 2 days ahead and glaze them the morning of the brunch.
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)