- 1-1/2 lb. pork liempo (pork belly), cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. salt
- water, for boiling
- oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2-1/2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- chili peppers (optional)
- Put pork pieces in a big pot. Cover with water. Add garlic, pepper or peppercorns and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for an hour or until meat is tender. Drain.
- Deep-fry liempo pieces in batches until golden brown and blisters appear on skin.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve with chopped lechon kawali.
(Visited 146 times, 1 visits today)