- one whole pig weighing 25-35 kilos
For the stuffing
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 7 pieces bay leaves
- 10-20 bundles of lemon grass
- 5 cups peeled garlic
- 1 kilo spring onions
- 5 pieces large red onion
- Sprite softdrinks or soysauce or evaporated milk
- First, you have to slaughter the pig. Save the blood for it is used for Dinuguan.
- Wash the whole pig with hot water, shave the follicles, cut a straight opening in the stomach and remove all the innards.
- Rinse the whole pig and make sure the inside is clean and empty.
- Allow to drain for a 1 hour before stuffing.
- After draining, rub with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Skewer the pig with a long bamboo or iron bar.
- Stuff the pig belly with bay leaves, lemon grass, garlic, spring onions and onions.
- Sew the belly to close perfectly making sure all ingredients are stuff in.
- Rub the skin with sprite, or you can choose between soysauce or evaporated milk. These all gives the same result making the skin crispy and red when its cooked.
- Place the skewed pig over hot charcoal, put the charcoal on its side.
- Roast the pig slowly, glaze it with sprite from time to time making the skin extra crispy.
- Roast until crisp, red and cooked.
- When its cooked, removed the skewer and enjoy. For best presentation put an apple in the lechon’s mouth.
Source: Pinoy Recipes
Via: Lechon Baboy
(Visited 266 times, 1 visits today)