Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Kilo Lapu-lapu Fish
- 1 1/2 cup Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 table spoons tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 thumb-sized Ginger,sliced in strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium sized carrot, julienne
- 1/2 cup red and green pepper, sliced in strips
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnishing
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, diluted with 2-3 tablespoons water
- Clean the Lapu-lapu fish and remove the internals, make a diagonal slice on each side of the fish
- Then rub salt on it and inside the fish cavity
- Deep Fry the Lapu-lapu fish in a deep frying pan.
- Once done, remove the fish from the pan and drain excess oil with paper towels.
How to prepare the sweet and sour sauce.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, tomato ketchup, salt and ginger.
- Add the cornstarch mixture then mix well.
- Now add tomatoes, onions, carrot, tomatoes, garlic, red pepper and the other ingredients.
- Boil once. Make sure the sauce is slightly thickened and not runny.
- Pour the sauce on fried Lapu-lapu and serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onions.
(Visited 571 times, 1 visits today)