- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 heaping tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (I used green, red and orange mix)
- 6 dried red chili peppers
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns (you can replace with red pepper flakes, but the flavor won’t be quite the same)
- 1 green scallion, finely sliced
- 1 tsbp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp shaoxing cooking wine
- 2 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp black vinegar
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Add oil to a wok or large pan over medium high heat on the stove. Once oil is heated, add the cauliflower, bell peppers, peppercorn and dried peppers. Stir and cook until cauliflower and bell peppers are tender. If pan gets too dry while cooking, add a few tablespoons of water to help keep everything wet while cooking. Once cauliflower and bell peppers are cooked, set aside.
- In a small saucepan add all sauce ingredients except cornstarch and water. Bring to a low simmer and stir to mix. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and water and dissolve cornstarch completely in the water. Pour into the the sauce mixture and stir constantly (otherwise your cornstarch will cook in clumps) until it comes to a simmer again. Continue to stir until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Keep in mind that sauce will thicken more when removed from the heat.
- Scrape sauce into the pan with cauliflower. Add in peanuts. Stir fry for a few minutes over medium heat until everything is evenly coated with sauce. Serve while warm and garnish with fresh chopped scallions.
Source: Kirbie’s Cravings
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)