- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) kohlrabi, peeled, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) vinegar
- 100 g (3½ oz) sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 300 g (10½ oz) buffalo or lean beef eye fillets, sliced into strips
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1 handful Asian basil leaves
- 1 handful perilla leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic chips
- 4 tbsp nuoc mam cham (dipping fish sauce)
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 tbsp fried red shallots
- In a large bowl, combine the kohlrabi, carrot, vinegar and sugar.
- Mix well, then cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and drain.
- Place a frying pan over high heat, add the oil and fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the beef, season with pepper, and stir-fry the beef for no longer than 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.In a serving bowl, combine the kohlrabi, carrot, Vietnamese mint, Asian basil, perilla, garlic chips and beef.
- Dress with nuoc cham and garnish with the peanuts and fried red shallots.
(Visited 99 times, 1 visits today)