- 2 lbs tuna; skinned, deboned, and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red chilies, chopped
- Place the cubed tuna meat in a large bowl then pour-in 3/4 cups of vinegar.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then gently squeeze the tuna by placing a spoon on top applying a little pressure.
- Gently wash the tuna meat with vinegar. Drain all the vinegar once done. This will help reduce the fishy smell.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar, calamansi or lemon juice, ginger, salt, ground black pepper, and red chilies then mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with minced red onions and serve (you may also add the red onions with the rest of the ingredients in step 4).
- Share and enjoy!
(Visited 712 times, 1 visits today)