- 3 cups day-old, cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk, green onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup prepared kimchi, roughly chopped + 1 tablespoon kimchi juice
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, or others), thawed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Break up the rice with a fork or with wet hands, set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the eggs to pan and scramble them. Remove the scrambled eggs from the skillet, and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, onion, green onion, garlic and kimchi. Stir fry until onion is translucent and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add the rice and vegetables to the pan. Use your spatula mix the rice with the onion/kimchi mixture. Spread out the rice all over the surface of the wok or pan. Let it cook, undisturbed for 30 seconds. Give the fried rice a good stir and flip, spread it out over the surface of the pan again, and let it cook, undisturbed for another 30 seconds. This lets the rice heat up nicely. Repeat until the rice is hot and steamy.
- Drizzle in the kimchi juice and the soy sauce. Add in the scrambled eggs. Stir and mix well. Taste and season with additional soy sauce or more kimchi, if needed.
Source: Steamy Kitchen
Via: Kimchi Fried Rice
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)