- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ C minced carrots
- ½ C minced sweet onions
- 1 T minced garlic
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 T oyster sauce
- 1 ½ T brown sugar
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 T cornstarch
- 4-5 sheets of dried bean curd sheets (Tofu skin)
- 1 T cornstarch and 3 T water mix to make a paste (to be used to seal the roll)*
- Cooking oil for frying.
- *Microwave the cornstarch mix for few seconds to make a paste.
- Mix the first ten ingredients..
- Take a small piece of the meat mixture and fry to taste the seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside.
- Rehydrate the tofu skin by soaking them in luke warm water for few seconds or until pliable.
- Pat dry with kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Put at least 2 T of the meat mixture at the bottom center of the tofu skin.
- Spread the meat and roll tightly to form into a log.
- Seal ends of the tofu skin w/ the cornstarch paste.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the meat.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok or skillet until hot.
- Slowly drop the roll, about 3 rolls at a time to achieve crispy kikiam.
- Overcrowded skillet will turn your kikiam soggy.
- Turn down heat and keep cooking, turning the rolls until crispy and brown.
- Place cooked rolls on a cookie rack to drain out grease.
- Cut on a bias and serve with sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce and lemon juice mix.
(Visited 160 times, 1 visits today)