- 1 kilo of beef (round or sirloin cut) cut into cubes, beef tripe or oxtail (cut 2 inch long) or a combination of all three (beef, tripe and oxtail)
- 3 cups of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup grounded toasted rice
- 1/2 cup cooked bagoong alamang (anchovies)
- 2 pieces onions, diced
- 2 heads of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons atsuete oil
- 4 pieces eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
- 1 bundle of sitaw (string beans) cut to 2″ long
- 1 banana bud, cut similar to eggplant slices, blanch in boiling water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 8 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- In a stock pot, boil beef, tripe and oxtails in water for an hour or until cooked. Strain and keep the stock.
- In a big pan or wok, heat oil and atsuete oil.
- Sauté garlic, onions until golden brown, then add the stock, toasted rice, beef, oxtail and peanut butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add the eggplant, string beans, pechay and banana bud. Cook the vegetables for a few minutes –
- Do not overcook the vegetables. Serve with bagoong on the side and hot plain rice
(Visited 1,227 times, 1 visits today)