- 1 kg ox tail (combination of oxtail, shanks, face would do depending on your preferences)
- 1 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1 large red onions, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bagoong (fermented shrimp paste)
- 3 pieces eggplant, sliced or String beans or Sitaw and Pechay
- 1 bundle string beans, sliced
- Boil the oxtail in a stock pot for 30 minutes. Take off the scums that rises when boiling the oxtail. Continue to boil until all the scums are taken off and then add salt to taste. Adding salt at this point would make the meat more flavorful.
- Heat the sauce pan and add about 1-2 tbps. of oil. Saute the garlic, onions and bell pepper. Add the sauteed mixtures to the pot of boiled oxtail. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Just a little salt because we have added some earlier in the boiling process. Taste it to your preferences.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the beef stock and mix it with the peanut butter. Stir well so the peanut butter would blend with the stock. Add the mixture on the pot. Simmer until meat is tender. It is really good to eat the Kare Kare when meat is really tender. Then add the eggplant and string beans.
- Cook it for about 4-8 minutes. Serve the Kare Kare while it hot with the bagoong on the side and steamed rice.
(Visited 404 times, 1 visits today)