CREAM CHEESE PIE CRUST:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cold
- 1/2 stick cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional: 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- optional: milk, for brushing
PEACH MANGO FILLING:
- 1 cup cubed mangoes *
- 1 cup cubed peaches *
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- CREAM CHEESE PIE CRUST: Cut cream cheese and butter into pieces. Add flour and combine. Add salt, sugar, baking powder, and lemon juice. Your dough should form coarse crumbs. Wrap into a ball and cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- PEACH MANGO PIE: Preheat oven to 375F. Line tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine fruit, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Let fruit sit over a strainer to drain excess liquid. Microwave your fruit for about 1-2 minutes and then restrain liquids again, to thicken.
- To assemble, roll out your crust thinly into a sheet and cut into rectangles with a knife. Spoon fruit filling on one rectangle, then cover with another rectangle of crust to make your hand pie. Press down the edges with a fork to seal. Poke vent holes on top to let steam out. Brush top with milk if desired for golden color when baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust turns golden brown.
- if making an open face normal sized pie instead of hand pies, increase the fruit to 2 cups each and you may need to extend the baking time.
(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)